Friday, November 11, 2016

2016 Utah LE Muzzleloader Bull Elk Client Rod Larkin's Hunt Testimonial


Hi Shane, 
Thanks for a great hunt. Your guides were the best. We hunted hard for 5 days and had opportunity to take elk in the 300-350 class, 4 or 5 times a day. 
Not only did we get chances, we got close. I was hunting with a traditional muzzle loader so that was important. 
As this is probably my last chance to get a really large bull 380 up, I held off, go big or go home. This hunt took 18 years to draw. In 18 more years I will be 82. It's hard enough on me now, if I live to be 82 I think an elk hunt is probably a bad idea. 
Your guides were very good at keeping me areas that were not to steep and deep.  So I ended going home empty. The next day you called and informed me that I had paid for a 7 day hunt and I thought I had only 5 days. 
I rescheduled 2 more days at the end of the hunt. 
When I returned the elk had been pushed hard by the deer hunters. It was very difficult to find them. With a little hard work my guide and I finally located some bulls.  We began to work in on the biggest one.  It became a race through the oak brush. I finally got my shot and the hunt was over. 
It wasn't the elk I had dreamed of, but a nice 6 point.  I couldn't be happier with the ability of your guides. They are the best and I have all around the world with many outfitters. Thanks again for giving me a great hunt. I got more than my money’s worth. 
I would highly recommend you to anyone looking for the best. 
Thanks again,

Rod Larkin, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment